Consumer Information

Consumer Information

The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), includes many disclosure and reporting requirements concerning consumer information. A disclosure requirement is information that a postsecondary education institution is required to distribute or make available to another party, such as students or employees. A reporting requirement is information submitted to the U.S. Department of Education or other agencies. Disclosure and reporting requirements sometimes overlap. For certain topics, institutions are required to make information available to students or others and to submit information to the Department of Education.

General Institutional Information

Teacher Preparation Program Report

Southwestern provides a report to the State of Kansas annually which is then reported to the Department of Education in the state reports.  The link to the individual college and universities reports on the Kansas Department of Education web site is found at:   KSDE Kansas Colleges and Universities.  The link to Southwestern's most recent teacher licensure pass rates is located at: SC's CAEP Reporting Data.

Student Financial Assistance

Net Price Calculator
Refund Policy

Health and Safety

Student Outcomes

  • Retention Rate Students entering as first-time full-time freshmen in the fall term comprise the freshman cohort of that year.  The retention and graduation rates are tracked by the freshman cohorts and reported through the IPEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System).
  • Graduation Rates Students who enter as first-time full-time freshmen are tracked for six years.  New in 2009, an eight year graduation rate is calculated. 
  • Graduation Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid  Students who enter as first-time full-time freshmen and receive athletically-related aid are tracked for six years.  Click the link to see full breakdowns by gender, by ethnic origin, and by athletic teams. 
  • Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data - Equity in Athletics.  Information about men's and women's athletic teams at Southwestern, including number of participants and coaches, expenses, and income.  We submit this report annually to the U.S. Department of Education.

Complaint Processes

Persons who have complaints against the school should first contact the appropriate department head, i.e., for academic related concerns, the Vice President for Academic Affairs; for financial related concerns, the Associate Vice President of Business Affairs; for student life issues, the Dean of Students.

Persons who have complaints that are broader in scope and relate to possible accreditation issues should contact The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.  The instructions for filing a complaint are in the attached Adobe Acrobat document: Higher Learning Complaint Process

Students who are taking online courses while living in a state that participates in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) should contact the Kansas Board of Regents using the following KBOR Complaint Process for SARA Members. Kansas residents should contact the Kansas Independent College Association.

All other students should follow the process for complaints in their state of residence, found at Complaint Process by State

Most external complaint processes require that all avenues of complaint are exhausted internally to the institution before a grievance will be considered.

Voter Registration for the State of Kansas

Build a life

Build a life

Students are what make Student Life happen!

From carnivals to concerts, from Sutton Center to Campus Life, the Office of Student Affairs is available for you, the student.

learn more about student life