Outstanding faculty and staff were recognized at Southwestern College by the college’s board of trustees. Four awards were presented Friday, April 20, for outstanding service to the college, and 35 employees were honored for years of service.
Presented were the Fassnacht Outstanding Administrator/Staff (Campus) Award to Jessica Falk, director of development; the Fassnacht Outstanding Administrator/Staff Award (Professional Studies) to Deb Stockman, associate vice president for Professional Studies; the Fassnacht Outstanding Faculty Award to Alice Bendinelli, assistant professor of English; and the United Methodist Exemplary Teacher Award to Ed Loeb, associate professor of mathematics.
“These are wonderfully talented people who exemplify the best of the Builder Spirit,” says Andy Sheppard, vice president for academic affairs and dean of faculty at Southwestern. “The awards express the community’s appreciation for the subtle leadership and service that these colleagues provide to others on a daily basis.”
Awards for years of service were also presented for:
• 45 years: Phil Schmidt;
• 30 years: Mike Kirkland;
• 25 years: Kristina Harding, Margaret Robinson;
• 20 years: Cheryl Barnett;
• 15 years: David Dolsen, Scott Ireland, Nancy Morse, Pat Ross, Andy Sheppard;
• 10 years: Linda Benson, Rick Cowlishaw, Heather Kesterson, Tom Jacobs, Richard Johnson;
• 5 years: Alice Bendinelli, Marsha Branch, Jennifer Buehler, Lisa Buffum, Norman Butler, Marilyn Clements, Sabra Fisher, Mike Harper, Angela Holland, Melanie Johnson, Ben Lim, Veronica McAsey, Sergio Molina, Britt Porter, John Scaggs, Rachel Schmeidler, Tami Schmidt, Larry Schuster, Jason VenJohn, Saeed Yazdani.