Outstanding faculty and staff were recognized at Southwestern College by the college’s board of trustees. Four awards were presented Friday, April 19, for outstanding service to the college, and 36 employees were honored for years of service.
Presented were the Fassnacht Outstanding Administrator/Staff (Campus) Award to Bobi Muldrow, payroll and benefits administrator; the Fassnacht Outstanding Administrator/Staff Award (Professional Studies) to Linda Kissire, coordinator of academic records and processes for Professional Studies; the Fassnacht Outstanding Faculty Award to Pat Ross, professor of biology; and the United Methodist Exemplary Teacher Award to Jackson Lashier, assistant professor of religion.
“These are wonderfully talented people who exemplify the best of the Builder Spirit,” says Andy Sheppard, vice president for academic affairs and dean of faculty at Southwestern. “The awards express the community’s appreciation for the subtle leadership and service that these colleagues provide to others on a daily basis.”
(Pictured: Linda Kissire, Bobi Muldrow, Jackson Lashier)
Awards for years of service were also presented for:
- 35 years: Bill DeArmond, Jim Helmer
- 25 years: Roger Moon, Allyson Moon, Tim Shook, Terry Barnett
- 20 years: Bob Gallup, Sharon Wright, Michelle Boucher, Jackie Berryman, Jane Schlickau, Ronnie Jenkins
- 15 years: Lisa Braun, Dick Merriman, Michael Tessmer, Tracy Frederick, Tami Pullins
- 10 years: Joe Wood, David Gardner, Stephen Woodburn, Chris Schmitz, Jimmie Tagg, Charles Osen, Tommy Vargas, Ray Baldwin
- 5 years: Kristin Humphreys, Skye Browning, Marla Sexson, Susan Burdick, George Hindman, TJ Harris, Jason Speegle, Lock Schnelle, Justin Hearne, Jimmy Holland, Kristen Pettey