New faculty and staff at Southwestern College were introduced during the employee welcome back dinner held on Aug. 12.
New faculty include:
• Deepak Aralumalliage Subbarayappa, math instructor. He recently earned his Ph. D. in applied mathematics from Wichita State University. While at Wichita State, he taught classes ranging from algebra to differential equations.
• Amanda Alliband, visiting assistant professor of chemistry. Alliband will be filling in for Michael Tessmer, professor of chemistry, as he in China for the fall semester. Alliband is currently completing her Ph. D. in organic chemistry at Wichita State University.
• Nathan Clements, coordinator of the English as a Second Language (ESL) program. He holds a master’s degree in Spanish from the University of Kansas and a second master’s degree in teaching ESL from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
• Jacob Goodson, assistant professor of philosophy. Goodson has been serving as a visiting assistant professor of religious ethics at the College of William and Mary in Virginia. He earned his Ph. D. in philosophical theology from the University of Virginia.
• Jared Larson, assistant professor of political science. Larson is completing his Ph. D. at the University of Delaware. He had been serving as a visiting scholar at Gustavus Adolphus College and St. Olaf College in Minnesota.
• Cameron Carlson, dean of teacher education. Carlson comes to Southwestern after serving as assistant professor of education at Southern Illinois University where his research interests were focused on leadership and learning. Prior to entering higher education, Carlson served as academic dean at Kapaun Mt. Carmel High School in Wichita.
• Patrick Lee, assistant professor of accounting. Lee holds a CPA and earned his first master’s degree from Oklahoma State University. He is in the process of earning a second master’s degree from the University of Connecticut in December. He is the president and founder of AcQute Financial Solutions and has served as an auditor for Deloitte and Touch, LLP.
• Jeremy Kirk, assistant professor of bands. Kirk holds a master of arts in percussion from Marshall University and has been serving as a professor at Coffeyville Community College.
• Raphael Servantez, visiting instructor in digital media and graphic arts. Servantez earned his bachelor’s degree in fine arts from Wichita State University. He has taught as an affiliate professor at Southwestern.
• Matthew Sigler, visiting scholar for the Institute for Discipleship. Sigler earned his bachelor of arts degree in history from Huntingdon College; master of arts in Christian ministries from Asbury Seminary; and his doctor of theology liturgical studies from Boston University.
• Dalene McDonald, library director. McDonald has a master in library science degree from San Jose State University in California. Prior to coming to Southwestern, she was the library director for the Arkansas City Public Library.
New staff members at Southwestern include:
• Donna Davis, data management and transcript evaluator
• Stephen McCann, coordinator of advancement services
• Amanda Bintz, assistant softball coach
• Eden Denney, assistant volleyball coach
• Richard Southern, assistant tennis coach
• Jimmy Bryant, associate head cross country coach
• Leslie Felts, director of cheerleading and dance
• Sierra Garber, assistant athletic trainer
• Deborah Jenkins, assistant women’s soccer coach and apartment manager for Shriwise and Honor
• Kaley Rodriguez, apartment manager for Reid Hall
• Don Key, security officer
• Jeffrey Soukup, security officer
• Shelly Isham, faculty assistant for natural science
• Cordell Black, academic success coach for Southwestern College Professional Studies (SCPS)
• John Hudson, SCPS admissions recruiter, Kansas City
• Kara Johnson, admissions counselor, SCPS
• Linda Moody, director of nursing programs for SCPS.