Incoming freshmen will begin moving in to the residence halls at Southwestern College on Sunday, Aug. 10, as Fall Frenzy kicks off the 2014-2015 school year.
Fall Frenzy introduces new and returning students to the many aspects of Southwestern College.
The first students on campus will be the freshman. Following a 3:15 p.m. Farewell Worship Sunday for students and parents, the newly-arrived freshmen will head to Builder Camp at Sky Ranch Cave Springs in Quapaw, Okla.
Transfer and returning students will move in on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
Freshmen Work Day will take place on Wednesday, Aug. 13. Since 1992, Southwestern College freshmen, along with Leadership Southwestern students, faculty, and staff, have spent one of their first days as Moundbuilders out in the city of Winfield. The goal is to promote feelings of community among incoming students as well as a sense of belonging to the college and the city of Winfield. Freshmen Work Day also strives to make a difference by establishing new relationships between the college and the community by assisting homeowners with indoor and outdoor home projects that they would otherwise not be able to complete.
On Thursday, Aug. 14, at 7 p.m., Winfield Main Street Revitalization will partner with Southwestern College for the second annual Purple Pride event which will take place in the parking lot of 8th and Millington Street in Winfield. Local businesses are invited to set up booths to promote their business to the SC students. Local restaurants are also invited to serve food samples.
The complete Fall Frenzy schedule is as follows:
• Sunday, Aug. 17, welcome back barbeque in the dining hall from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.; welcome back worship in Messenger Recital Hall from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday Sundaes from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Java Jinx.
• Monday, Aug. 18, classes begin for students.
• Tuesday, Aug. 19, Rock painting party from 6 to 8 p.m. on the Wallingford lawn.
• Thursday, Aug. 21, annual Moundbuilding Ceremony at 7 p.m. Purple and white football scrimmage at 8 p.m. at Richard L. Jantz Stadium.
• Friday, Aug. 22, Opening Convocation at 11 a.m. in Richardson Auditorium.
Friends of Southwestern College are invited to attend the Moundbuilding Ceremony, Opening Convocation, and the football scrimmage.
For more information about Fall Frenzy, call Sarah Hallinan at (620) 229-6392. For more information about Freshman Work Day, call Cheryl Rude at (620) 229-6381.