Each year the Southwestern College Philanthropy Board (SCPB) awards grant funding to one or more nonprofit organizations that respond the board's request for proposals (RFP's). Throughout the past eight years of its existence, the SCPB has distrubted more than $20,000 into the Cowley County community! If you are interested in applying for grant funding, you can find out more information on the RFP forms page or email email@example.com. Below are some of the past grant recipients.
- Fall 2016:- Jobs for America's Graduates (JAG-K), the Winfield Community Learning Center, the Winfield Public Library, and Eagle's Nest
This year's granting cycle was opened to a more regional focus allowing organizations in South Central Kansas and Northern Oklahoma to apply for funding. The award recipients include the Wichita Southeast Highschool branch of Job's for America's graduates (JAG-K), the Winfield Community Learning Center, the Winfield Public Library, and Eagle's Nest. The Southwestern College Philanthropy Board and students enrolled in the Nonprofit Leadership and Social Impact course presented the annual grant awards to these four (pictured to the left) regional organizations in a ceremony on Thurusday, December 8th, at the Deets Library on the college campus. This granting ceremony consisted of leaders from each of the organizations being recognized and given the opportunity to explain about their programs that recieved funding from SCPB.
- Fall 2014:- Safe Homes & Eastern Cowley County Resource Center (ECCRC)
- Spring 2013 - Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) and Community Learning Center
- Fall 2013 - Mid-Kansas Community Action Program
Fall 2012 - Eastern Cowley County Resource Center, Family Life Services, and Eagle Nest
Fall 2011 - Creative Community Living and First United Methodist Church Winfield
- Fall 2010 – Community Learning Center