An ambassador is an SC student who is a strong leader, enthusiastic musician, and hard worker. Ambassadors take on extra leadership responsibilities during the school year leading up to the festival to promote Southwestern College. They also provide assistance and support along with the counselors and festival staff during the festival week.
- Move in for the festival a day early (June 8 ) for training with the counselors
- Stay an extra day (June 15) to assist counselors with festival wrap-up
- Work along with the counselors at the festival
- Assist in the planning and supervising of all festival events
- Decorate residence halls with counselors
- Provide leadership within ensemble setting
- Assist counselors during move-in, check-in, and check-out
- Be a postive image for Southwestern!
- Assist directors with any "SC" issues
- Must be an SC student with a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be in good standing with Student Life Office
- Must be a music major, minor, or participant
- Must be able to dedicate 10 hours per month for festival recruiting
- Complete the Ambassador Application
- Email a one page resume to Dr. Timothy Shook
- A note about references: please provide contact information for a band/choir/orchestra director, private music instructor, religious mentor, or a teacher/faculty member, or personal reference. Once you complete the online application, a link will be provided for your references, please share this link with your references for completion.
Ambassadors will have the opportunity to:
- Receive a $250 stipend
- Have the tutition fee for festival waived
- Earn up to $500 for work leading up to the festival
- Develop leadership skills through games and activities with counselors and staff
- Return to ensembles ready to lead and share passion for music
Timeline for Ambassador Applicants
- Submit the Ambassador Application by August 23, 2013.
- After the complete application has been received, the application will be reviewed and applicants will be notified for an interivew.
- Ambassadors will be announced on August 30, 2013.