A counselor-in-training (CIT) is a festival participant who is a strong leader, enthusiastic musician, and hard worker. CITs take on extra leadership responsibilities during festival week and provide assistance and support for the counselors and festival staff.
- Move in for the festival a day early (June 2) to work with the festival counselors
- Stay an extra day (June 9) to assist counselors with festival wrap-up
- Work closely with the counselors at the festival
- Assist in the planning and supervising of all festival events
- Decorate residence halls with counselors
- Provide leadership within ensemble setting
- Assist counselors during move-in, check-in, and check-out
- Help counselors with miscellaneous duties as assigned by the festival administrators
- Counselors-in-training must be incoming high school seniors through college sophomores
- One must be a registered festival participant before being considered for the CIT position
- Complete the Summer Music Festival Registration Form
- Mail a $50 deposit to Director of Camps & Conferences; 100 College Street Winfield, KS 67156
- Complete the CIT Application
- A note about references: Please provide contact information for your band/choir/orchestra director, private music instructor, religious mentor, teacher/faculty member, or a personal reference.
CITs will have the opportunity to:
- Receive a $50 scholarship for the festival
- Develop leadership skills through games and activities with counselors and staff
- Return to ensembles ready to lead and share passion for music
Timeline for CIT Applicants
- Submit the CIT Application by March 13, 2013.
- After the complete application has been received, the application will be reviewed and applicants will be notified.
- Counselors-in-Training will be announced on April 3, 2013.