SC Career Builders
SC Career Builders (SCCB) is a one-stop career resource program located within Student Success & Retention. We coordinate most campus-wide career-related efforts while supplementing faculty endeavors. Providing a comprehensive menu of online and on-ground services for SC students, SCCB provides value to the Builder experience by giving Southwestern College graduates a leg up and competitive edge in today’s tight job market.
Online or on campus, we’re here to help!
Our services include personalized one-on-one career path and major exploration; assistance in developing resumes and curriculum vita, introduction/training for our online resources such as CareerBeam; graduate school preparation; administration and interpretation of assessments such as the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and job postings. SCCB also partners with departments to disseminate internship information and provides specialized career programming consisting of regularly-scheduled seminars, trainings, and presentations using campus, alumni and community resources.
Our goals are to assist you to:
- recognize and build on your strengths;
- use your college experience as a skill-building laboratory;
- grow as individuals and world citizens;
- establish a personal commitment to your education;
- develop realistic career goals in line with your interests, abilities and talents.
We also encourage you to converse openly with your family every step along the way about your progress, academic interests, and college experiences.
SC’s primary online career resource is called CareerBeam. We suggest you create an account early during your first semester at SC. All you need to is use your SC email address and create a password. This service will give you:
Login to the CareerBeam website using the appropriate link below.
- Research on millions of Companies
- Research on hundreds of Industries
- Job Postings
- Create professional resumes and cover letters
- Prepare for Interview and Beyond
- Networking & Social Media
- All of this and more in ONE location!
Contact Career Services
To schedule an appointment for in-person career-related assistance, please contact: Steve Kramer, email@example.com or (620) 229-6307.