Computer Science & Digital Arts
Free Microsoft Software
Through Microsoft's MSDN Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) program, we provide free Microsoft software for our students. It is open for all SC students in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Design (STEM-D) fields.
Through MSDNAA program, students can
- have free access to Microsoft platform, server, and developer tools software as well as betas, new releases, and tech support
- install the software on their personal machines for use in coursework and personal development projects (non-commercial purposes)
For more information, visit the Student Recourse page on MSDNAA.
Main Campus Students
- Computer Science & Digital Arts, Communication students: you are automatically registered with the program. New student accounts are generated at the beginning of a semester. Check your SC email for account information email from e-academy.com.
- Other students: talk to your advisor or a faculty in your department if you think you are in STEM-D and eligible for the program. They may contact Dr. Crystal Peng for further information.
Professional Studies Students
if you think you are in STEM-D and eligible for the program, send an email with subject "MSDNAA Request" to Dr. Crystal Peng (crystal dot peng at sckans dot edu) with the following information:
- Your SC ID, degree program, major, and expected graduation date: the information will be used to determine your eligibility and duration of your access
- A valid email address: will be used to set up your account. It doesn't have to be your SC email address.
Please contact Dr. Crystal Peng, the SC administrator for MSDNAA program through email crystal dot peng at sckans dot edu.