The Southwestern College music department will celebrate the conclusion of its Summer Music Festival with a family and friends day on Saturday, June 11. Family members and friends of the college are invited to take part in several events.
The schedule for the day includes:
• 11:45 a.m. Finger foods and refreshments served on the lawn on the east side of Darbeth Fine Arts Center.
• 12:30 p.m.—Worship team service in Messenger Auditorium.
• 1:30 p.m. — Rotating Activities (Choose three of the following events to participate in and rotate every 20 minutes, five minute passing period starting at 1:30 p.m., 1:55 p.m., and 2:20 p.m.)
o 9 Lives Improv Comedy Troupe—Library Lawn
o Composition Debut—Darbeth Rehearsal Hall
o Visit the Exhibit Hall—Presidents Gallery
o Meeting Admissions—Scholarship opportunities at the Welcome Center
o Instrumental Petting Zoo—Darbeth Room 201
o Piano Duets—Darbeth Piano Lab
o Drum Circle—Cole Plaza
• 3:15 p.m. — Concerts begin—Choir and Orchestra in Messenger Recital Hall.
• 5 p.m. — Jazz band performance in Deets Library.
• 5:30 p.m.—Banquet in the Roy L. Smith Student Center.
All events are open to the public except the banquet. There is no charge to attend the choir and orchestra concert or the jazz concert. Seats for the performances will be first come first serve.
For more information about the celebration call (620) 229-6272.