Like most colleges and universities, there is not a major called Pre-Law at Southwestern College but there is a pathway through college for students interested in entering and succeeding in a law career.
1. Choose a major that will strengthen your written and oral communication, critical thinking, and logic skills
2. Choose a minor in Political Science or Criminal Justice and Legal Studies. Consider a double minor.
3. In addition to your major advisor, develop an advising relationship with the professor of political science.
4. With the help of your major and minor advisors’ expertise and networks:
- Establish mentoring relationships with local attorneys and/or law enforcement officers
- Develop internship opportunities
- Prep for LSAT