- > Degree Requirements
- > Degree Plans
- > Course Descriptions
- > Admission to Theatre
- > Season At-A-Glance
- > Box Office Information
- > News
- > Campus Players
- > Support SC Theatre
- > 9 Lives Improv Troupe
- > Performing Arts Initiative
- > Gallery
- > Summer Theatre Festival
- > Marquee Project
- > Festivals
- > Rentals
- > Guest Artists
- > Upcoming Events
- > Past Productions
- > Tell Us More
- > Career Opportunities
- > Directory
Auditions have been scheduled for the upcoming Southwestern College theatre and Marquee PAC production of “Schoolhouse Rock Live! Too.”
Auditions will be held on Tuesday, May 24, and Wednesday, May 25, in Messenger Recital Hall in the Darbeth Fine Arts Center on the campus of Southwestern College. Audition times for both days will be 1-4 p.m., and 6-8 p.m. Actors are to bring a photo and any song that they are comfortable singing. The photo does not have to be a professional head shot.
The auditions are for actors ages K-12th grade but according to director Allyson Moon, adults are welcome too.
“We are looking for youth actors from kindergarten to 12th grade but it’s really open for actors of all ages,” Moon says. “If parents want to participate, there are roles for them.”
“Schoolhouse Rock Live! Too” is a continuation of a production done 10 years ago.
“Southwestern College collaborated with Winfield Community Theatre for ‘Schoolhouse Rock Live!’” Moon says. “This show incorporates more of those short pieces that teach us things we need to know like astrology, ecology, and civics. I would encourage anyone to audition if they have ever had the desire to act or sing and maybe even dance a little bit. This could be a great opportunity for families to be involved.”
Through the Winfield Arts and Humanities Council, three week-long classes have been scheduled. Anyone participating in any of the classes will also have the opportunity to be in “Schoolhouse Rock Live! Too.”
The classes are:
• Story Theatre—Using both creative, dramatics, and traditional rehearsal techniques, children in grades K-3 will work with Moon and students from the Southwestern College Theatre department on development of acting, storytelling, and other performance skills. Class runs for one week, May 23-27.
• Music Theatre Performance—Children in grades 4-6 will work with Moon and students from the Southwestern College Theatre department on development of acting, singing, and dancing performance skills. Class runs for one week, May 31-June 4.
• Improvisational Acting—All levels of experience are welcome for this class. Theatre gaming will primarily be used in process and performance. Actors will work with Moon and members of SC’s improv troupe, 9 Lives, and prepare for an improv showcase. Class runs for one week, June 13-17.
Performance dates for “Schoolhouse Rock Live! Too” are June 24-26.
For more information about the auditions, contact Moon at (620) 229-6328. To register or for more information about the three classes, contact the Winfield Arts and Humanities Council at (620) 221-2161.