Southwestern College Professional Studies Implements Military Tuition Assistance Grant

Southwestern College Professional Studies is committed to providing a supportive environment for military learners. In light of the recent Department of Defense suspension of tuition assistance funds the college has announced its Military Tuition Assistance Grant that will help these learners pay for courses while the suspension is in place.

Through this new grant (also known as MTAG), all current SC tuition-assistance-eligible military learners who were enrolled in at least one course from fall 2012 through spring 2013, may receive a Southwestern College grant. MTAG applies to courses offered April 1 through May 12, 2013, and provides up to $250 per credit hour (the government’s customary reimbursement for tuition) to replace suspended military tuition assistance. The maximum grant covers three tuition hours, and applies to both on-ground and online graduate and undergraduate courses.

“It is our goal to make education a reality for our military service members,” said Pamela Monaco, vice president and chief academic officer of Southwestern College Professional Studies. “The suspension of tuition assistance places a burden on our military learners, and we don't want them to have to put their education on hold. This is an opportunity for us to continue supporting their education goals and needs.”
Learners interested in applying for the grant can do so through the Southwestern College Professional Studies website at Military students who do not meet the requirements for MTAG should explore using their GI Bill benefits. Information on these benefits can be found on the Southwestern College Professional Studies website at or at Federal grants and loans are also available. For more information about the application procedures and timelines for federal financial aid, students should contact a financial aid counselor at

Build a life

Build a life

Students are what make Student Life happen!

From carnivals to concerts, from Sutton Center to Campus Life, the Office of Student Affairs is available for you, the student.

learn more about student life