Employment At SC
Southwestern College is accepting applications for the following position(s) until filled:
|Faculty Positions||Administrator & Staff Positions|
College Writing Instructor
Southwestern College is seeking applications for qualified adjunct instructors to teach College Writing during the spring 2017 semester. Required qualifications: a master’s degree in English and teaching experience at either the high school or post-secondary level with a proven track record.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter that describes their interest in, and their qualifications for the position to Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources Southwestern College, 100 College Street, Winfield, KS 67156. E-mail: HumanResources@sckans.edu. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an EEO/AA employer.
Visiting Assistant Clinical Professor for Education
Southwestern College is inviting applications for a Visiting Assistant Clinical Professor to coordinate clinical experiences with partner school districts, co-advise students, and teach the equivalent of three courses both in the Fall of 2016 and Spring of 2017 in online and on-ground formats. Applicants must have significant experiences in K12 teaching and/or administration and willing to teach a variety of courses in the education majors. Qualifications include an advanced degree in education (doctorate is preferred); knowledge of a variety of Kansas school systems is preferred. A search for a full-time tenure track, assistant professor will begin in the Fall 2016. The visiting professor may be eligible to apply for this position.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please send curriculum vita, statement of teaching philosophy, and the names and contact information of three (3) references to Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources, 100 College Street, Winfield, KS 67156. E-mail: HumanResources@sckans.edu. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an EEO/AA employer.
Professional Studies Center for Corporate Learning Instructors
Southwestern College Professional Studies is committed to serving our business and industry partnerships with corporate training and talent development through our Center for Corporate Learning. The Center for Corporate Learning is seeking talented and experienced professionals who understand the business environment and can transfer knowledge, skills and abilities, integrate content knowledge and practical experience in a dynamic workplace setting. Delivery of training will take place primarily at the business partner location, but may include classroom or online training. Successful candidates will have experience in the following areas: facilitating corporate training or adjunct faculty experience in college environment, designing and developing training programs, exceptional platform skills, as well as documented industry certifications in their area of expertise. Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelors’ degree in the following areas:
- Business Administration, Business Management or Organizational Development
- Organizational Management or Organizational Behavior
- Leadership, Communications or Human Resources
- Operations Management, Project Management, Six Sigma/Lean, Supply Chain Management
Industry Certifications: Project Management, Human Resources, Leadership Coaching, Six Sigma, Talent Learning and Development certifications.
Areas of interest are: Customer Service, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Supervisory Development, Team Building & Group Dynamics, Talent Development, Communications, Cultural Sensitivity and Awareness, Diversity in the Workplace.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, industry certifications and complete contact information for three professional references to: Denise Sherman, Center for Corporate Learning, 100 College Street, Winfield Kansas, 67156. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of successful candidates will begin immediately for contracted positions. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an AA/EOE employer.
Affiliate Faculty - Professional Studies
Southwestern College – Professional Studies, committed to quality education for adult learners, is seeking motivated working professionals to serve as Affiliate Faculty, providing instruction for both undergraduate and graduate level courses. The College’s Affiliate Faculty are experienced professionals who are able to integrate content knowledge and practical experience for the benefit of our adult learners. Southwestern College Professional Studies offers courses in an accelerated format primarily in an online modality.
For further information regarding the disciplines and subject areas for which applications are being accepted, please review Becoming a Southwestern College – Professional Studies Affiliate Faculty Member.
Filled/Closed Faculty Positions
- Assistant Professor of Communication, Digital Arts and New Media
- Math Instructor
- Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting and Finance
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Assistant Professor of Early Childhood/Special Education
Head Baseball Coach
Southwestern College seeks highly qualified applicants for the position of Head Baseball Coach in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Baseball Coach will serve as a leader of a program that competes in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference as part of the NAIA. The Head Coach will be responsible for organizing, directing and administering a competitive baseball program in the KCAC and NAIA.
The general responsibilities of the Head Coach include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing academic success, recruitment, design and implementation of effective practice and game plans;
- Supervising off season programs, scouting reports and player development;
- Supervising equipment oversight, travel planning, budget management, and summer camps programming;
- Working with college representatives related to public relations/community involvement, community service initiatives and fundraising.
The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and will require the same of staff members and student-athletes. Commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all policies, rules and regulations of Southwestern College, KCAC and the NAIA is a priority.
Previous competitive baseball coaching and recruiting experience is required. Preferred qualifications include a Master’s degree and head coaching experience or at least 5 years of coaching experience in baseball.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will remain open until filled. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and complete contact information for three (3) professional references to Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources Southwestern College, 100 College Street, Winfield, KS 67156. E-mail: HumanResources@sckans.edu. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an EEO/AA employer.
Director of Nursing Program (Professional Studies, Wichita, KS)
Southwestern College seeks an enthusiastic and energetic Director of our online Nursing Program. The position is open to qualified individuals who want to continue to provide excellent leadership in an on an already growing and outstanding accredited CCNE nursing program that assists RN in moving forward in their careers by obtaining their BSN in an online environment. The successful candidate will provide leadership by developing and managing an already well established high quality program with a strong curriculum and a respected accredited program that serves the Kansas nursing community.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Leading and directing the program through curriculum updates and revisions to maintain good standing and continued accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission and CCNE
- Recruit highly qualified affiliate faculty to teach courses for online RN learners
- Serve as liaison for the program to the community, health care groups, professional organizations and to affiliate nursing and education programs
- Work with our highly qualified and successful enrollment management and marketing staff to develop successful recruitment plans and strategies to serve our RN populations.
- Advise nursing program learners so they successfully complete their academic goals.
- Direct comprehensive evaluations and assessments of all programmatic areas for continued programmatic excellence.
Skills and Qualifications Needed
- Hold or near completion of licensure as a Registered Nurse in Kansas
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, (Doctorate preferred but not required.)
- Teaching and administrative experience in a school of nursing, or comparable organization, equivalent to a minimum of three (3) years.
- Clinical expertise in specialty areas of nursing
- Adult learner, accelerated, and/or online program experience a plus along with experience in academic online course delivery systems (i.e. Blackboard).
- CCNE or similar accreditation experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills including use of software within the Microsoft Office Suite
To apply, submit a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position, c.v., and complete information for three professional references to: Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources, 100 College Street, Winfield, KS 67156. E-mail HumanResources@sckans.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern is an AA/EOE employer.
Director of Camps, Conferences, and Events
Southwestern College is currently seeking a Director of Camps, Conferences and Events. This 12-month, full-time position’s primary responsibility is for the support of summer camps, conferences and events on the campus and assist in maximizing the use of the college’s campus facilities. Additional responsibilities will include supporting program and event marketing, coordinating the college’s calendar, and oversight of the Richardson Performing Arts Center.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and qualifications
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills including a high attention to detail
- Ability to work with a diverse population of both internal and external customers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Forward thinking and the ability to problem solve
- Strong computer skills including the use of software within the Microsoft office suite
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum two years prior marketing, sales, and/or customer service experience required
To apply, submit a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position, resume, and complete contact information for three professional references to: Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources, 100 College St., Winfield, KS 67156 or HumanResources@sckans.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an AA/EOE employer.
Blackboard/Network Support Analyst
The Network Support Analyst assists staff, faculty and students with the campus data network, internet-related resources, infrastructure issues and LMS maintenance and support.
- Provides primary support of our LMS servers: administration, maintenance, other tasks as required
- Provides primary support of our LMS for course creation and archiving
- Provides primary support of our LMS for account creation and enrollment
- Provides additional support of our LMS for course creation and archiving issues
- Provides additional support of our LMS for account creation and enrollment issues
- Provides additional support of our LMS for reporting
- Consults with outside vendors as required to help resolve issues
- Researches emerging technologies to streamline processes
- Provides primary support for network account creation and maintenance
- Provides primary support for network administration and maintenance
- Performs other work as assigned by the Director of IT Infrastructure
- Might be required to work some weekends and evenings
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; conserves organizational resources
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works efficiently
Active learning, complex problem solving, critical thinking, active listening, troubleshooting, service oriented, quality control analysis, written comprehension, verbal expression
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mathematics, Design, Programming Languages, Customer and Personal Service, Education and Training
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and complete contact information for three (3) professional references to: Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources, 100 College Street, Winfield, KS 67156. E-mail: HumanResources@sckans.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an AA/EOE employer.
FIlled/Closed Administrator & Staff Positions
- IT Tech
- First Year Advisor
- Admission Counselor (Main Campus)
- Admissions Counselor (Professional Studies, Wichita, KS)
- Vice President for Marketing and Communication
- Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Executive Assistant to the President
- Faculty Assistant, Performing Arts Division
- Head Coach Men’s and Women’s Cross Country
- Assistant Softball Coach
- Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
- Assistant Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach
- Assistant Volleyball Coach
- Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Residence Hall Director
- Financial Aid Counselor (Professional Studies, Wichita, KS)
- Admissions Counselor (Professional Studies, Wichita, KS)
- Director of Athletics
- Director of Admissions & Student Success (Professional Studies, Wichita, KS)
- Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Advancement Officer
- Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Director of Education Operations
- Financial Aid Administrative Assistant