Employment At SC
Southwestern College is accepting applications for the following position(s) until filled:
|Faculty Positions||Administrator & Staff Positions|
Visiting Assistant Clinical Professor for Education
Southwestern College is inviting applications for a Visiting Assistant Clinical Professor to coordinate clinical experiences with partner school districts, co-advise students, and teach the equivalent of three courses both in the Fall of 2016 and Spring of 2017 in online and on-ground formats. Applicants must have significant experiences in K12 teaching and/or administration and willing to teach a variety of courses in the education majors. Qualifications include an advanced degree in education (doctorate is preferred); knowledge of a variety of Kansas school systems is preferred. A search for a full-time tenure track, assistant professor will begin in the Fall 2016. The visiting professor may be eligible to apply for this position.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please send curriculum vita, statement of teaching philosophy, and the names and contact information of three (3) references to Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources, 100 College Street, Winfield, KS 67156. E-mail: HumanResources@sckans.edu. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an EEO/AA employer.
Professional Studies Center for Corporate Learning Instructors
Southwestern College Professional Studies is committed to serving our business and industry partnerships with corporate training and talent development through our Center for Corporate Learning. The Center for Corporate Learning is seeking talented and experienced professionals who understand the business environment and can transfer knowledge, skills and abilities, integrate content knowledge and practical experience in a dynamic workplace setting. Delivery of training will take place primarily at the business partner location, but may include classroom or online training. Successful candidates will have experience in the following areas: facilitating corporate training or adjunct faculty experience in college environment, designing and developing training programs, exceptional platform skills, as well as documented industry certifications in their area of expertise. Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelors’ degree in the following areas:
- Business Administration, Business Management or Organizational Development
- Organizational Management or Organizational Behavior
- Leadership, Communications or Human Resources
- Operations Management, Project Management, Six Sigma/Lean, Supply Chain Management
Industry Certifications: Project Management, Human Resources, Leadership Coaching, Six Sigma, Talent Learning and Development certifications.
Areas of interest are: Customer Service, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Supervisory Development, Team Building & Group Dynamics, Talent Development, Communications, Cultural Sensitivity and Awareness, Diversity in the Workplace.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, industry certifications and complete contact information for three professional references to: Denise Sherman, Center for Corporate Learning, 100 College Street, Winfield Kansas, 67156. Email: email@example.com. Review of successful candidates will begin immediately for contracted positions. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an AA/EOE employer.
Affiliate Faculty - Professional Studies
Southwestern College – Professional Studies, committed to quality education for adult learners, is seeking motivated working professionals to serve as Affiliate Faculty, providing instruction for both undergraduate and graduate level courses. The College’s Affiliate Faculty are experienced professionals who are able to integrate content knowledge and practical experience for the benefit of our adult learners. Southwestern College Professional Studies offers courses in an accelerated format primarily in an online modality.
For further information regarding the disciplines and subject areas for which applications are being accepted, please review Becoming a Southwestern College – Professional Studies Affiliate Faculty Member.
Filled/Closed Faculty Positions
- Assistant Professor of Communication, Digital Arts and New Media
- Math Instructor
- Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting and Finance
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Assistant Professor of Early Childhood/Special Education
Head Baseball Coach
Southwestern College seeks highly qualified applicants for the position of Head Baseball Coach in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Baseball Coach will serve as a leader of a program that competes in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference as part of the NAIA. The Head Coach will be responsible for organizing, directing and administering a competitive baseball program in the KCAC and NAIA.
The general responsibilities of the Head Coach include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing academic success, recruitment, design and implementation of effective practice and game plans;
- Supervising off season programs, scouting reports and player development;
- Supervising equipment oversight, travel planning, budget management, and summer camps programming;
- Working with college representatives related to public relations/community involvement, community service initiatives and fundraising.
The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and will require the same of staff members and student-athletes. Commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all policies, rules and regulations of Southwestern College, KCAC and the NAIA is a priority.
Previous competitive baseball coaching and recruiting experience is required. Preferred qualifications include a Master’s degree and head coaching experience or at least 5 years of coaching experience in baseball.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will remain open until filled. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and complete contact information for three (3) professional references to Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources Southwestern College, 100 College Street, Winfield, KS 67156. E-mail: HumanResources@sckans.edu. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an EEO/AA employer.
Director of Nursing Program (Professional Studies, Wichita, KS)
Provides leadership and management of the curriculum and faculty of the college’s Professional Studies online RN to BSN nursing program. Reports to the Academic Dean for Professional Studies.
- Lead the RN to BSN nursing program, assuring continued approval by the Higher Learning Commission and CCNE
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified affiliate faculty
- With support from enrollment management and marketing staff, prepare and implement policies to ensure successful recruitment, progression, and graduation of nursing learners
- Advise nursing program learners
- Direct the implementation of the comprehensive evaluation and assessment program for the nursing program, including its faculty and curriculum, in consultation with appropriate Professional Studies staff; review and revise as necessary
- Provide leadership in the planning, implementation, development, and growth of additional nursing programs
- Oversee curriculum updates and revisions to ensure quality and relevance
- Represent Professional Studies and the nursing program in the community and serve as liaison to community health care facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, professional organizations, other resources, and to other nursing education programs
- Resolve problems with affiliates and learners while keeping additional staff apprised as appropriate
- Seek opportunities for outside funding sources
- Ensure college policies are being observed and effectively implemented by having a thorough knowledge of all academic and operational policies
- Work closely with all Professional Studies staff and main campus personnel in order to ensure an effective program that attains all key goals
- Collaborate with Academic Success Coaches (academic advisors) on opportunities to improve the educational experience, including ongoing training of ASCs
- Collaborate with enrollment management and marketing staff to strategize and implement a nursing program recruitment plan
- Represent the college and the program to the general public, campus offices, faculty members, learners and other staff members
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Serve on the Professional Studies Curriculum Council, the Professional Studies Academic Affairs Council, and other College and/or Professional Studies committees as appropriate
Skills and Qualifications Needed
- Hold or promptly obtain licensure as a Registered Nurse in Kansas
- Hold an earned Master’s Degree in Nursing, Doctorate preferred.
- Demonstrated teaching and administrative experience in a school of nursing appropriate for a combined total of at least three (3) years
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in one or more specialty areas of nursing
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities in a transformational and transparent leadership role within a nursing program
- Adult learner, accelerated, and/or online program experience a plus
- CCNE accreditation experience preferred
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the program Mission, Vision, Values and Program Outcomes
- Excellent computer skills including use of software within the Microsoft Office Suite
- A willingness to be trained and appropriately use the college’s academic computing system, the online course delivery system (Blackboard).
- Ability to multitask and employ organizational skills
- Self-directed with a high degree of accountability
- Ability to communicate and work well with a variety of people and in some high stress situations
- Service and quality focused
- Ability to work evening and possibly weekend hours as required
To apply, submit a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position, c.v., and complete information for three professional references to: Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources, 100 College Street, Winfield, KS 67156. E-mail HumanResources@sckans.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern is an AA/EOE employer.
FIlled/Closed Administrator & Staff Positions
- IT Tech
- First Year Advisor
- Admission Counselor (Main Campus)
- Admissions Counselor (Professional Studies, Wichita, KS)
- Vice President for Marketing and Communication
- Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Executive Assistant to the President
- Faculty Assistant, Performing Arts Division
- Head Coach Men’s and Women’s Cross Country
- Assistant Softball Coach
- Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
- Assistant Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach
- Assistant Volleyball Coach
- Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Residence Hall Director
- Financial Aid Counselor (Professional Studies, Wichita, KS)
- Admissions Counselor (Professional Studies, Wichita, KS)
- Director of Athletics
- Director of Admissions & Student Success (Professional Studies, Wichita, KS)
- Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Advancement Officer
- Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Director of Education Operations
- Financial Aid Administrative Assistant