The Vision and Mission Statements of Southwestern College
Southwestern College in Winfield, Kansas, is a learning community dedicated to:
- intellectual growth and career preparation
- individual development and Christian values
- lifetime learning and responsible citizenship
- leadership through service in a world without boundaries
The Mission of Southwestern College
Southwestern College provides a values-based learning experience that emphasizes intellectual, personal, and spiritual growth. Founded in 1885 by Kansas Methodists and now related to the Kansas West Conference of the United Methodist Church, the college offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees on-ground and online.
- Prepares students for careers and for graduate studies with courses that foster critical thinking and effective communication and are characterized by meaningful professor-student interaction.
- Employs emerging technologies that promote learning.
- Strives to live by and teach a sustainable way of life.
- Provides preparation for a wide range of church-related vocations and involvement.
- Offers programs that embrace prior learning and facilitate career progression for working adults, members of the armed services, and persons in transition.
- Affords a residential learning experience abundant with co-curricular activities that build social awareness and interpersonal skills and cultivate an ethos of service and leadership.