Green Team Southwestern has purchased eight Elkay EZH20 Bottle Filling Stations to be installed around the Southwestern College campus.
The first one has been installed and is operational in the Deets Library. Another one has been installed in the lower level of the Christy Administration Building.
“We purchased these filling stations in order to promote the use of refillable cups and bottles instead of bottled drinking water,” says Jason Speegle, director of Green Team Southwestern. “We received 500 customized Vapur collapsible water bottles with our purchase of the filling stations. The SC Laptop Center gave out 300 of these Vapur collapsible water bottles to SC students at the time that they received their new laptops this fall.”
Some of the advantages of the filling stations include:
• The EZH2O bottle filling station fill rate is 1.1-1.5 gallons per minute, three times faster than a traditional drinking fountain
• One-handed operation allows for a quick fill between activities
• The electronic sensor provides touchless, sanitary operation
• Integrated Silver Agion Anti-microbial protects against mold and mildew growth
• Innovative Green TickerTM counts the number of bottles saved from landfills