Commemorative gifts are a thoughtful way to celebrate, congratulate, honor and remember a loved one while supporting a cause you believe in. There are several options you may wish to choose as a memorial or a tribute:
- Make an outright gift to a fund or campaign at any time.
- Make a gift to endow an award, professorship or chair, facility, program and equipment. Specific minimum amounts are required to establish endowments.
- Make a gift to endow a scholarship. These scholarships may be restricted to students in certain disciplines, sports, or other activities, or reserved for students with particular career objectives or financial need – the choice is up to the donor. Gifts to endowed scholarships are central to continue our commitment to provide a quality educational opportunity in our Christian environment. Scholarships may be tagged specifically for merit, minority students, disciplinary areas (such as science, religion, music), or to support participation in activities such as debate, athletics, Leadership Southwestern, or Discipleship Southwestern. A scholarship account may be endowed for a minimum of $5000.
In addition, the following specific giving opportunities are available:
- Engraved Bricks: Leave you mark at the Mound by purchasing a brick. These bricks are an ideal way to show your support of Southwestern College. With your contribution of $120, a personalized 4”x 8” brick will be placed at this campus monument. To purchase a brick, please contact Jessica Falk, director of development, at (800) 846-1543 ext. 6155 or email at Jessica.Falk@sckans.edu for details.
- Engraved Pavers: Leave your mark at the Mound by purchasing a stone paver. These pavers are also an ideal way to show your support of Southwestern College. With your contribution of $300, a personalized 12”x12” stone paver will be placed at this campus monument. To purchase your paver, please contact Jessica Falk, director of development, at (800) 846-1543 ext. 6155 or email at Jessica.Falk@sckans.edu for details.
- Legacy Trees: To celebrate the college’s 125 anniversary, the college is asking alumni and friends to support an effort to plant 125 new legacy trees across campus. For a gift of $2,000 individuals may plant a legacy tree. Donors will be recognized on a legacy tree plaque located in the Christy Administration Building main lobby. To purchase your tree, please contact Jessica Falk, director of development, at (800) 846-1543 ext. 6155 or email at Jessica.Falk@sckans.edu for details.
To make a general gift in memory or honor of someone:
- Mail your donation to:
Attn: Development Office
100 College St.
Winfield, KS 67156-2499
- Call (800) 846-1543 ext. 6397 to make a credit card gift over the phone.
- Give online. Please be sure to complete the comments section indicating that your gift is being made in honor or in memory of someone.
Donors receive gift receipts for their donations and will be list in our Honor Roll of Donors. A card is also mailed to the honoree or the family of the deceased to notify them that a tribute gift has been received. The individual you have honored or remembered is listed in the Honor Roll of Donors in the appropriate “Honor and Memorial Gifts” section.