If our program looks like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply to SC.
- For scholarships you will need to submit a sample of your original music. See the "Applying for CMC Scholarships" section below for details.
- You will also need to begin the application process to be admitted to Southwestern College. See the "Applying to Southwestern College" section below for detailed instructions.
Scholarships are available to incoming students on a competitive basis. In order to be considered for a composition scholarship, submit a sample of your original music in the form of a notated score and/or a sound recording. This sample should include from one to three original compositions that the applicant feels best demonstrate his or her skills and styles of interest. It is preferred that the applicant send both printed scores (PDFs if sent electronically) and sound recordings if available. If both are not available, one or the other will suffice. For full consideration, the deadline for submitting these materials is December 1st when applying for the following fall semester. The original work can be submitted via email to Christopher.Schmitz@sckans.edu or mailed to the following address:
Southwestern College Music Dept.
Attn: Christopher Schmitz
100 College Street
Winfield, KS 67156
- Complete and submit the appropriate online application:
Freshmen Apply Here (if a junior or senior in high school)
Transfers Apply Here (if a high school graduate who has attended college)
- Submit the twenty-five dollar ($25.00) non-refundable application fee.
- Request official transcript from high school and/or college. Student copies of transcripts will not be accepted.
- Take the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and request that your scores be sent to Southwestern College. The Southwestern number for ACT is 1464. The Southwestern code number for SAT is 6670. (Note: Required only for first-time freshmen.)
Return all other correspondence to:
Office of Admission
100 College Street
Winfield, Kansas 67156-2499
Michelle Pentz, Fine Arts Admissions Coordinator
Rose Hanna, Faculty Assistant
Christopher Schmitz, CMC director