September 26, 2013
Are you wondering where the stress points are during rest of the first semester? Here’s a handy list.
First College Semester
“The ebb and flow”
- Homecoming Saturday, Oct. 12
- Midterms are due Oct. 11
- Fall Break Oct. 21 and 22
- This is stressful for students! Midterms are the same week as Homecoming, which means papers, tests, etc., at the same time they’re working on floats and other entries.
- Roommates may start to stress your student out!
- Please be patient and encourage your student to hang in there and work through issues and stress.
- Ask them about their lifestyles: Are they taking care of themselves? Eating and sleeping properly? How is their time management?
- Encourage communication with roommates, professors, and coaches.
- Fall sports are starting to wind down.
- Winter sports are now in full motion.
- Your student may have more/less time to study.
- Thanksgiving Break begins after classes Nov. 26 and continues until classes resume Dec. 2.
- Prepare for finals, Dec. 9-12!