- > Alumni Career Network
- > Career Assessments
- > Career Timeline
- > Graduate School
- > Information & Research Sites
- > Internships
- > Interviewing
- > Marketing Your Major
- > Online Job Search
- > Resume and Cover Letters
- > Salary Negotiations
- > Work Study Positions
- > Job Postings
- > Student Life Office
- > News
- > Upcoming Events
- > Resources
Four Year Timeline and Plan for Traditional Undergraduate Students
Freshman Year: The foundation for career planning
- Learn more about your talents and strengths!
- Enroll in core classes with the help of your faculty advisor.
- Explore and participate in campus activities and organizations.
Sophomore Year: Continue to Build on your strengths
- Obtain information on different majors.
- Build leadership skills through campus and professional organizations.
- Start acquiring relevant volunteer and work experience.
- Continue to develop your strengths.
Junior Year: Get Busy!
- Ask career services and faculty about Internships!
- Relevant Experience is key!
- Start developing a resume! Don't forget you will need relevant skills and experience
- Develop networks! Join professional organizations, talk with your faculty advisor, do informational interviews.
Senior Year: Making it all pay off
- Continue your resume development- it is a process.
- Continue your networking strategies- your network will land you an interview before any advertisement on the net or in a newspaper.
- Begin your full time job search.
- Market yourself and sell your strengths and talents. Remember it is the total package of talent, education, skill and experience that will land you in a career you love!