For traditional undergraduates and for adults making a career change, gaining relevant experience is critical. Individuals with relevant experience on a resume have a greater chance of obtaining professional employment.
Below is a list of company sites that can offer structured internship programs through their career sites under university or college recruiting: However, students should feel free to contact any company in which they they would like to work and inquire about internship or part time work opportunities.
- www.walgreens.com Walgreens retail stores
- www.target.com Target retail stores
- www.worldsoffun.com Summer internship program in KC
- www.erac.com Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- www.rayjobs.com Raytheon Aircraft
- www.att.com AT & T
- www.sprint.com Sprint Communications
- www.nmfn.com Northwestern Mutual Finance
- www.inroads.org Minority internship program
- www.bankofamerica.com Bank of America
- www.statefarm.com State Farm Insurance
- www.southwest.com Soutthwest Airlines
- www.fritolayjobs.com Pepsico internships
- www.ibm.com/us/ IBM Computers
- www.allstate.com/careers.aspx Allstate
SC Teams with Internships.com
The Career Service's office has teamed up with Internships.com to provide listings and information about internships from around the country and the world.
Make sure to share your potential internship with your academic advisor first if you would like to receive credit.
If you are looking for internships, then this is the place for you. Internships are listed in many different academic disciplines.
There are many paid internships listed on the site. This is a great resource for Southwestern College students.
SC Teams with Career Beam
The Career Service's office has also teamed with Career Beam to provide internship information as well as career development tools.
- Vist Career Beam
Southwestern College student Luke Nicolay spent his summer as an intern at First United Methodist Church in Wichita, KS. At the end of his tenure, he was asked to perform as a guest musician at the service on August 3, 2014. Below is video of his performance.