College can be a stressful time and sometimes students need someone to talk to about time management and relationship issues. Therefore, Wellness Services will be available on campus for students and is provided by Mary Ann Smith. Mary Ann is a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) and is a Social Worker for the Douglas County Citizens Committee on Alcoholism.
As she works full time for DCCCA, she is able to see students over the noon hour, in the evenings and weekends. Students can make appointments by emailing her at email@example.com.
The service is for students and there is no insurance required.
Southwestern Immunization Recommendations
The College does not require vaccination records but does strongly recommend the following vaccinations:
- Measles, mumps and rubella vaccinations.
- Primary series of tetanus-diphtheria and a booster shot within the last ten years.
- Primary series of polio immunizations.
- Meningitis (Menomonee or Menactra) immunization.
- The College also strongly recommends that students are immunized against Tuberculosis, Hepatitis A and B as well as HPV (Gardasil or Cevarix).