Political Science & Legal Studies
Deadline: June 15, 2011
The International Leadership Association (ILA) and the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) are pleased to partner to sponsor the annual Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award to recognize outstanding unpublished papers by undergraduate and graduate students. The award is named in honor of the distinguished scholar and former Chief Executive Officer of CCL.
The winner of this year’s award will receive:
· $1,000 cash prize
· Travel and Lodging (up to two nights), and Complimentary Registration to ILA’s 13th annual conference, One Planet, Many Worlds: Remapping the Purposes of Leadership taking place in London, UK on October 26-29, 2011
· Complimentary 1-year membership in the ILA
· Recognition at the ILA conference and in various multimedia ILA publications
Submissions may be either empirically or conceptually based. Multi-disciplinary approaches to research are welcomed. The paper should focus on some aspect of leadership or leadership development.
Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- The degree to which the paper addresses issues and trends that are significant to the study of leadership;
- The extent to which the paper shows consideration of the relevant theoretical and empirical literature;
- The extent to which the paper makes a conceptual or empirical contribution;
- The implications of the research for application to leadership identification and development.
Papers must be authored and submitted by graduate or undergraduate students only. All authors must currently be students or must have graduated within 1-year prior to the submission deadline of June 15, 2011. CCL staff and papers submitted to other CCL awards are ineligible. Entrants must provide a letter on organizational letterhead from one faculty member certifying that a student wrote the paper. Electronic submissions are preferred. The name of the author(s) should appear only on the title page of the paper. The title page should also show the authors' affiliations, email and mailing addresses, and telephone numbers.
Papers will be reviewed anonymously by a panel of researchers associated with CCL. Papers are limited to 30 double-spaced pages, excluding title page, abstract, figures, tables, and references. Papers above this limit that are not completely doubled spaced may not be eligible for the Award and may be returned to authors unreviewed. Papers should be prepared according to current edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
In the absence of papers deemed deserving of the award, the award may be withheld. Entries (accompanied by faculty letters) must be received by June 15, 2011. The winning paper will be announced at the 2011 ILA Conference. Entries should be emailed to: ClarkAward@ccl.org.