Summer Theatre Festival
Southwestern College Summer Theatre Festival 2015
Production, Camp & Workshop opportunities for performers of all ages!
- Grades K-3: STORY THEATRE CAMP May 26-May 30
- Bring to life some of your favorite children's stories, working with Allyson Moon and SC students!
- Grades 4-6: MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE CAMP June 1-5
- Develop and perform exciting musical theatre scenes, songs, and dances with Allyson Moon and SC students!
- Grades 6-8: IMPROVISATIONAL ACTING CAMP Grades 9-12: ADVANCED IMPROV June 15-20
- Develop original characters and scenes in a comedy format. All levels of experience are welcome!
- Grades 6-8: PLAYWRIGHTING CAMP Grades 9-12: ADVANCED PLAYWRIGHTING June 15-20
- Develop skills in writing original scenes and short plays. All levels of experience are welcome!
All DAY CAMPS are $25. For information on summer camps, or to register, contact the Winfield Arts and Humanities Council at 620-221-2161.
- Grades 6 – 12: SOUTHWESTERN COLLEGE SUMMER MUSIC FESTIVAL June 8-13
- Join SC music department for their Music Festival in the summer of 2015. The festival will include a Musical Theatre track.
- Grades 6-12: IMPROVISATIONAL ACTING AND PLAYWRIGHTING CAMPS June 16-21
- Both camps listed above have a residential option
For more information on the Summer Music Festival contact Director of Camps & Conferences at (620)229-6141, 1-800-846-1543 ext. 6141, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class For Credit
- THTR or EDUC 555 DIRECTING A MUSICAL THEATRE PRODUCTION
- From concept to collaboration through rehearsal and production, this graduate level class will provide a comprehensive, accessible guide to directing a musical theatre production. Southwestern College music and theatre faculty member apply content using the summer theatre workshop production
New Works Showcase: an evening of entertainment that features original scripts and improvisational acting led by the Summer Theatre Festival interns and 9 Lives Improvisational Comedy Troupe.
Performance: June 20
"If You Give a Mouse a cookie" Plus Two Companion Pieces: Plays based on the books known for their playful circular pattern. "If you give a pig a pancake, she'll want some syrup to go with it."
Performance: June 26-28
Shrek the Musical or The Addams Family: Performance dates are July 10-12
Auditions for "Cookie" and Shrek or Addams Family: Open for all ages, May 29 from 6:30-8:30 pm and May 30 from 10 am to noon and 1 pm to 4 pm in the Richardson Performing Arts Center at Southwestern. Prepare a song and either a monologue or a children's story. Entertainment for the whole family.
Completely Hollywood (abridged): Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the theater...the Reduced Shakespeare Company boldly goes where few would dare--Tinseltown! America's "bad boys of abridgement" take on America's largest cultural and economic export (well, except for weapons) in this seriously silly show biz satire. Entertainment for the whole family.
Performances: July 24-26
For more information, you can call SC Theatre Arts Office:
(620) 229-6171 (800) 846-1543 ext. 6171