Summer Theatre Festival
- Grades 4-6 MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE CAMP June 1 -- 5
- Develop and perform exciting musical theatre scenes, songs, and dances with Allyson Moon and SC students!
- Grades K-3 STORY THEATRE CAMP June 29 -- July 3 and July 6 -- 11
- Bring to life the "Give a Mouse..." and more production, working with Allyson Moon and SC Students
- Grades 4-8 YOUTH THEATRE CAMP June 29 -- July 3 and July 6 --11
- Learn about all aspects of theatre while creating the "Give a Mouse..." and more production
- Grades 6-9 IMPROVISATIONAL ACTING CAMP July 13 -- 17
- Develop original characters and scenes in a comedy format. All levels of experience are welcome!
- Grades 6-9 PLAYWRIGHTING CAMP July 13 -- 17
- Develop skills in writing original scenes and short plays. All levels of experience are welcome!
Day camps are $25 to $30. For more information on summer camps, or to register, contact the Winfield Arts and Humanities Council
Addams Family the Musical It's every father's nightmare. Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with sweet, smart young man from a respectable family. A man her parents have never met. And if that weren't upsetting enough, she confides in her father and begs him not to tell her mother. Now, Gomez Addams must do something he's never done before -- keep a secret from his beloved wife, Morticia. Everything will change for the whole family on the fateful night they host a dinner for Wednesday's "normal" boyfriend and his parents.
Performance: June 26-28
Auditions for Addams Family: OPEN FOR ALL AGES, May 2 from 2:00 to 5:00pm in Messenger Recital Hall in the Darbeth Fine Arts Building and May 5 and 6 from 6:00 to 8:00pm in Richardson Performing Arts Center in the Christy Administration Building. Individuals can prepare a song or can sing a song from the show. Entertainment for the whole family.
Performances: June 26-28
"If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" Plus Four Companion Pieces Plays based on the books known for their playful circular pattern. "If you give a pig a pancake, she'll want some syrup to go with it." To be a part of this production sign up for the Story Theatre Camp or Youth Theatre Camp.
Performances: July 10-11
Completely Hollywood (abridged) Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the theater...the Reduced Shakespeare Company boldly goes where few would dare -- Tinseltown! America's "bad boys of abridgement" take on America's largest cultural and economic export (well, except for weapons) in this seriously silly showbiz satire. Entertainment for the whole family.
Performances: July 24-26