Richardson Performing Arts Center
Docking Lecture Series presents
Date: March 2, 2017 (Thursday)
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Best-selling author and CNN analyst Jeffrey Toobin will present the 2017 Docking Lecture on Thursday, March 2, at 11 a.m. on the campus of Southwestern College. The Docking Lecture Series is sponsored by Union State Bank,
“Union State Bank, Tom Docking, and I are delighted to partner with Southwestern College in bringing Jeffrey Toobin to Southwestern’s campus,” says Bill Docking, chairman of the board at Union State Bank. “He is an excellent communicator who provides insightful analysis whether commenting on legal matters, politics, or a host of other topics. I’ve enjoyed watching him on CNN and have read several of his books. In fact, I recently read ‘American Heiress,’ his riveting account of Patricia Hearst’s kidnapping and the incredible events that followed. It’s a pleasure to help bring a speaker of Jeffrey Toobin’s stature to Southwestern College.”
Kansas Supreme Court: Special Session
Date: March 30, 2017 (Thursday)
Time: 6:30 p.m.
The Kansas Supreme Court will conduct a special evening session Thursday, March 30, at Southwestern College in Winfield. The special session is part of ongoing outreach to familiarize Kansans with the high court, its work, and the overall role of the Kansas judiciary.
The court will be in session from 6:30 p.m. to about 8 p.m. March 30 in the Richardson Performing Arts Center located in the Christy Administration Building on the Southwestern College campus at 100 College Street.
- Thursday, December 1 - SC Choral Union: Knowing You
- Sunday, December 4 - Winterfest Concert: South Kansas Symphony, SCCU & A Cappella Choir
- Sunday, December 11 - Christmas Festival Concert: SC Youth Symphony
- Thursday, March 2 - Docking Lecture Series: Jeffrey Toobin
- Thursday, March 30 - Kansas Supreme Court Special Session
- Friday, April 7 - Spring Awakening: The Musical
- Saturday, April 8 - Spring Awakening: The Musical
- Sunday, April 9 - Spring Awakening: The Musical
- Friday, April 21 - SC Singers & MTENS Concert
Richardson Performing Arts Center Features
- Comfortable seating, configured for continental seating with side aisles and extra leg room
- ADA compliant seating area for those with mobility challenges
- Excellent acoustics providing clarity for music and the spoken word
- Attractive lighting and beautiful décor
- ADA compliant restroom facilities
- Devices to assist those with hearing problems are available in the box office
- An exciting performance venue