- Associate Professor of Psychology
- Email Address
University of Texas at Arlington (2006) M.S, Ph.D in experimental social psychology
Kansas State University (2001) B.S.
Social Norms and Dating
- To manipulate scripts with interruptions/ norm violations and observe how people recover and react to dating norm violations
- Interested in investigating first date goals
- Interested in determining if ambivalent sexism can help explain the contradiction between egalitarian attitudes and traditional gender norms
- Investigate the motivations people have for conforming to outdated first date norms while holding contradictory egalitarian attitudes
Functions of Adult Crying
- What is function of adult crying from an evolutionary perspective?
- Specifically why did gender differences evolve?
- Examine potential for female survival as result of adult crying
- Examine potential for male mating success as result of not crying
- Gender/Women’s issues/Relationships
- Norms/Attitudes/Social Influence
- Social Identity Theory/Groups/Prejudice