Requirements for Degree
These are the requirements for a degree:
- Complete the specific course requirements for a major field of study together with required cognate courses, with a minimum grade point average of 2.00 (C) in those courses required by each major, minor, or secondary certification to be granted.
- Complete the integrative studies requirements.
- Complete a minimum of 124 credit hours.
- Have an overall grade point average of 2.0 (C average).
- Have Southwestern College course credit of at least 30 credit hours.
- Have taken 15 of the last 30 course credit hours at Southwestern.
- Complete the Application for Degree by the stated deadline.
- Be elected to the respective degree by the faculty and by the Board of Trustees.
Degree Requirements for Transfer Students
- Complete all items listed above.
- Regardless of grade points earned at other institutions, have at least a C average for all work taken at Southwestern College.
- For students transferring from two-year colleges, complete a minimum of 60 hours at a baccalaureate-degree-granting institution.
- Accept the judgment of school administrators in substituting transfer credits for courses in the Southwestern catalog.