Payments | Declined Payments | 1098-T


Did My Online Payment go Through?

If you received an online or email receipt, you successfully completed the transaction. 

If you did not receive a receipt, follow these directions to view your completed online transactions.

  • Click on the "Transactions" in the menu bar at the left side of the ePayment page.
  • The most recent online transactions will be displayed.  If your transaction is listed there, it completed successfully. 
  • Receipts can be emailed, printed, or viewed from the transactions displayed.  

Declined Payments

Who do I call if my credit/debit card cannot be processed online?
Please call the telephone number on the back of your credit/debit card for questions related to declined payments.   You may wish to contact your issuing bank to understand the daily card transaction limits set in place by your financial institution or cardholder.

My card cannot be accepted for security reasons?
Please verify that your address on file in the profile tab of Self-Service matches the current address on file with your credit/debit card issuer.  The Address Verification System (AVS) is a system that will check the billing address of the credit card provided for the online transaction and the address on file with the credit card company.

All payments will apply to the oldest charges first. Payments will be posted on the same business day that the funds are received. 



What is the 1098-T Form?
The 1098-T Tuition Statement is an IRS information form used to assist you in determining eligibility for education tax credits, such as the Lifetime Learning Credit and the American Opportunity Credit.

Is a copy of this form sent to the IRS?
Yes. Section 6050S of the Internal Revenue Code, as enacted by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, requires institutions to file information returns to assist taxpayers and the Internal Revenue Service in determining the qualification for education tax credits.

What educational expenses are considered as qualified tuition and related expenses?

Qualified tuition and related expenses include:

  • Undergraduate and Graduate Tuition
  • Student Fees
  • Assessment Fees

Not included:

  • Housing and Meal Plan charges
  • Insurance
  • Fees such as application, transcript, and diploma fees
  • Bookstore charges to the Southwestern College student account
  • Personal living expenses

Where can I get copies of my payments and student loan disbursements?
This information may be found on your student account or online billing statement history in Self-Service. If you are a parent looking for this information for a student, please ask your student to access this information for you or set up access as an authorized user.

What if I still have questions?

Helpful Resources:

Please be advised that Southwestern College staff is prohibited from providing legal, tax, or accounting advice to students and is not responsible for any use you make of information on the 1098-T form. Please consult your tax advisor for assistance.

If you have additional questions, please contact us ...

By email:
By phone: (620) 229-6318 or (620) 229-6251


Build a life

Build a life

Students are what make Student Life happen!

From carnivals to concerts, from Sutton Center to Campus Life, the Office of Student Affairs is available for you, the student.

learn more about student life