Work Study

The college employs several students in meaningful jobs that assist the college in achieving its goals.  Employers count on their employees to be reliable, responsible and ready to work.

How Do I Get a Job?

If you are interested in applying for a work study position at Southwestern, you must:

  1. Check with financial aid ( to determine if you are eligible for Federal Work Study.
  2. View the list of jobs available.  E-mail or call the contact person for any jobs you are interested in pursuing.
  3. Once a job has been secured, make an appointment with the payroll office to complete your employment contract and payroll paperwork.  (List of documents below.)

May I Use My Income to Pay My Bill?

The college does not garnish a student's wages for the purpose of paying off a bill.  However, if students wish to use their work study income for this purpose, arrangements can be made through the student account office.

How Often Do I Get Paid?

Students receive payroll checks every two weeks provided all their paperwork is in order and their supervisor has turned in their time card by the appropriate date and time.  (2015 Payroll Schedule)  To save time and paper, you can request to have your check direct deposited into your bank account.

Payroll Paperwork

Build a life

Build a life

Students are what make Student Life happen!

From carnivals to concerts, from Sutton Center to Campus Life, the Office of Student Life is available for you, the student.

learn more about student life