Work Study

WorkStudy Southwestern College offers limited employment to students who qualify for the Federal Work Study (FWS) program as well as for students who don't.  In the majority of cases, priority is given to students applying who qualify for need-based FWS.  Students are initially notified of their FWS eligibility on their financial aid award letter.  Students may also check with the Office of Financial Aid to make sure.

How Do I Get a Job On Campus?

Employers count on their employees to be reliable, responsible and ready to work.  Students seeking employment must inquire and apply on their own with each designated supervisor.  If you are interested in applying for a work study position at Southwestern, you must:

  1. Start here - Instructions to Get Started (PDF)
  2. Check the List of Acceptable Documents (PDF)

What Jobs Are Available?

All campus jobs available for student employment are listed at this link.  Be sure to check the vacancy, it is updated throughout the year.   If a job interests you, make a connection with the supervisor to let them know you are interested.  Some jobs have formal application processes and some are less formal.  A job description is linked to each listing.

May I Use My Income to Pay My Bill?

The college does not garnish a student's wages for the purpose of paying the student account.  However, if students wish to use their work study income for this purpose, arrangements can be made through the student accounts office.

How Often Do I Get Paid?

Students receive payroll checks every two weeks provided all their paperwork is in order and their supervisor has turned in their time card by the appropriate date and time.  (22-23 Payroll Schedule)  To save time and paper, you can request to have your check direct deposited into your bank account.

Payroll Paperwork

Working in the Winfield Community

Employment is also available various businesses within the Winfield community.  Several businesses (GoodWill, College Hill Coffee, Maurices, Medicap Pharmacy, Dollar General, Winfield Public Library) are within walking distance of the campus.  The majority of off-campus employment opportunities will require transportation.

NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:  If you are interested in working off campus, check with the Coordinator of International Student Services and Enrollment for requirements and eligibility.

Build a life

Build a life

Students are what make Student Life happen!

From carnivals to concerts, from Sutton Center to Campus Life, the Office of Student Affairs is available for you, the student.

learn more about student life