Keeping Your Aid



Keep your financial aid intact by following these few, simple rules:

1) Complete your degree in a timely and successful manner - the Department of Education calls this maintaining satisfactory academic progress.

2) Particularly if you have financial aid from the State of Kansas, submit your FAFSA by April 1 of each calendar year.

3) If you receive the Federal TEACH grant, you must continue working toward a degree in a qualified TEACH field, maintain at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA, and renew your annual Agreement to Serve.



Your federal loan and grant may experience a change if the following happens:

1) You alter your enrollment from previously agreed upon plans.  If you are planning a change, we strongly recommend that you contact the Office of Financial Aid for information and read the college's Return of Title IV Funds policy.

2) You have reached your annual or aggregate loan limits. (Explore: How Much Can I Borrow?)



Your main campus, institutional scholarships may experience a reduction if the following happens:

1) You submit your FAFSA past the April 1 priority deadline.

2) You move off-campus (pdf).  See Item #4 under Policies Governing Southwestern Scholarships and Grants.

Build a life

Build a life

Students are what make Student Life happen!

From carnivals to concerts, from Sutton Center to Campus Life, the Office of Student Affairs is available for you, the student.

learn more about student life